Monday, October 7, 2013

Another project finished

Well, it's been a while, but haven't been that well, first I had a dreadful cold, then did something to the muscles in my neck and was in a bit of pain for a week, and couldn't even knit, which was just dreadful.

However, all is good now, and my latest project is finally finished:




I am so happy with it, I had a few hiccups, I have never done "bobbles" before, and had a little bit of unpicking to do at the start, but once I got the hang of it, there was no stopping me.  I just love these teddy bear buttons that I managed to find.  It is hard to find really nice novelty buttons around here, so I might have to do some investigating online next time.

Tomorrow I am heading off for a few days, to a place called Kalgoorlie, with my eldest daughter and my mother-in-law.  It is a 7-hour train journey, so I will get my new knitting project all packed tonight to take on the train with me.  It is a vintage, yes, really vintage, pattern from a Paton's knitting book, no publication date on it, but the price is in shillings, so it predates decimal currency, which I think came in in 1966.  So it is an old one!  Have some lovely 3-ply lemon baby wool to do it in.  I just love starting a new project.

So, I am really looking forward to my trip to Kalgoorlie, it is an old mining town, and we are hiring a car to go and see this:  http://www.menzies.wa.gov.au/tourism/things_to_see/lake_ballard.html
It is really in what we Aussies call "The outback", we will have to take lots of water and food with us, just in case we break down, and we will have to let our hotel staff know what time we expect to return!  Bit scary, but very exciting.  Not many people get out to see this amazing site.

Cheerio for now, will hopefully have some amazing photos to post when I get back.
Happy knitting...


No comments:

Post a Comment