Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy healthy eating

What a great day I have had.  After having a few meals out over the weekend, it was time to take action and get back to healthy eating, even although I think I made fairly good choices when we were out.

Breakfast this morning was a mixture of Kellogg's Special K and Vogel's Ultra Bran Soy & linseed, with some skim milk, and topped with some cut up fruit - pear, banana and strawberries, absolutely yum.  I just love this breakfast, I could eat it every day!

Then it was off to work, had a mandarin for morning tea (some of the beautiful citrus fruit purchased out at Chittering Valley yesterday), then lunch was a small tin of tuna in springwater, with a green salad, and some Arnott's VitaWeat biscuits, the 9-grain ones.  Afternoon tea was a small tub of low fat yoghurt, and now I am home, and going to have left-over homemade chicken soup  for dinner with some toast.

I know a lot of people would not eat so many carbs, but I need them, I get so tired without them.  I haven't done any exercise today, but usually I have Monday off from exercise.  I am going to attempt getting up early tomorrow morning and going for a walk before work!  Hmmm, we'll see !!

So glad dinner is easy tonight, because then I can sit down and GET STUCK INTO MY KNITTING!! Don't you just love that time of night, and once I start knitting, the urge to pick at food disappears.  I have so many knitting projects that I am dying to start, but I am going to finish my current project first.  Next will be a pair of socks, then a top for my beautiful daughter, and so it goes on!  Oh well, I do like to keep the wool stores in business!

Tomorrow I am going to post my "before photo", be ready for a shock !!

Happy knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment