Sunday, September 1, 2013

Father's Day

Well Father's Day here in Perth was  a lovely day, it think it got to about 22o, overcast but the rain has stayed away.

We took our two beautiful daughters, my hubby's brother, and their mum & dad out to the beautiful Chittering Valley.  This beautiful part of the world is only about a 30 minute drive from our house, lush green rolling hills, grape vines, orange orchards, just beautiful.  We stopped at our favourite orange shed to buy oranges: Golden Grove Orchard and had a Devonshire tea in the old shed, it was so lovely.   I think I bought about 6 kilos of oranges, they are straight from the tree!  And then the owner, who knows my father-in-law, loaded up bags of mandarins for us, for free!  He said he can't sell them to the stores as the skins are blemished!  What a society we have become!

 Then it was back home for more tea and coffee, and after everyone went home, daughter Nicole & I went for a 5km walk.

So, now, thankfully I have a pot of chicken soup made for dinner, it will be feet up, watching the Masterchef final, which of course will be watched with one eye while the other eye is on my knitting!

The weekend has flown by again, but this is the first weekend in ages where I have kept control of my food intake, even although we have been out quite a bit.  It is a good feeling to be back on track, bring on the next weigh-in!

Happy knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment