Friday, August 30, 2013

Disappointed

Well, the news was not good at my weigh in last night, I gained 400g.  Not too much of a tragedy I know, but  I really hate putting it on when it is so hard to get it off!  I am blaming the TimTams!  Well, myself really for putting them in my mouth :)
However, the good news is that I stayed for the meeting, which put me back in the right frame of mind, and feel very inspired today, have been eating healthy food all day, now just have to deal with going out to an Italian restaurant tonight for dinner...

Today was my day off from work (I have Fridays off) and I had to take my car to get it serviced this morning.  Instead of getting my daughter to follow me and bring me home, I decided to stay and wait.  It only took about 2 hours, and, naturally, I took my knitting with me.  I got a few funny looks, as you just don't see people sitting around knitting any more, well, not here in Perth anyway. Then, lo and behold, a lady came and sat near me, also waiting for her car, and out came a GIGANTIC blanket that she was crocheting!  It was just really cheap yarn she had bought at a $2 shop, a multi-coloured yarn, and it was looking just stunning!  Made me want to learn to crochet. I felt like we had a bond, secret knitter's business he he.

Now for the photos of the beautiful alpaca yarn that my lovely friend Jill gave me at work the other day..
.

 
Jill has even "met" the particular alpaca that this beautiful yarn came from, her name is Amber Rose, and the business is called "Cosy Yarns", you can find them at www.cosyyarns.com.au     I will be putting in another order some time soon !
 
Well, we are out for dinner tonight, so no more knitting for me today.
 
Happy knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment