Monday, August 26, 2013

Keep on knitting

Well, last night was a disaster for me.  I was so tired, I put my knitting away, as I didn't want to make any mistakes (this is quite a complex pattern).  But what happens when I am sitting at night, one daughter was out, the other daughter was watching a movie in her room, and hubby was having an early night??  Well, I had a TimTam  (chocolate biscuit), then I had a second one, then a third, then before I knew it the whole packet was gone!  Oh dear, well, back into it all today.

Today is a holiday for me, I work four days a week in a very nice private school.  This weekend was what we call "boarders' weekend", we send our boarders home for a long weekend so they can catch up with their families.  The good thing is, the whole school closes for this, so I get to enjoy a nice long weekend.

And, the best thing, it has been raining on and of today.  Now, I live in Perth, Western Australia, and rain is quite a rare event for us, even in winter, which we are supposed to be in now.  It was 26oC the other day !!  So, thankfully today is only 19, and fantastic knitting weather.  I went out this morning, did a bit of food shopping, bought a new chair with my tax refund (I say this rather glibly, but it was damned expensive), however, it is going to be my new "knitting" chair!  I have a nice sunny corner in my dining room that is crying out for a beautiful chair.  It is being covered in a regency style fabric, it will take four weeks, I can't wait.

So, this afternoon I have been enjoying watching "Emma", a BBC adaption of the popular Jane Austen book, and have been getting stuck into my knitting. 


 
I have just finished the sleeves, and have zoomed in close so that the pattern is more clear.  It is quite complex, but I am getting the hang of it now.  I always like to do the sleeves first, as I do them both together, and next I shall probably do the left and right front panels, as I will also do them together on the same needle. After dinner tonight, I am getting straight back into it, those chocolate biscuits will NOT get me again!! Just a shame I have to go back to work tomorrow .....
 
 
Happy knitting......


No comments:

Post a Comment