Tuesday, August 27, 2013

An amazing gift

Well, what a fantastic day at work.  A bit of background, many months ago, just before Easter, my wonderful work colleague, also a Jill, had an accident and fell off her pushbike.  She ended up in hospital for 3 months with a badly fractured pelvis (apparently in 30 places), and a fractured wrist and shoulder.

While she was in hospital, we had a relief at work, well, she was the relief from hell.  I pride myself in getting on really well with almost anyone, but this one was the most difficult person to work with.  It was a very long term.  Thankfully, Jill made a remarkable recovery, and came back to work at the start of this term (about 5 weeks ago).

Today, she arrived with presents for both myself and Carole (my other workmate), to thank us for putting up with everything while she was in hospital (she really didn't have to).  Guess what she gave me?  Six balls of PURE alpaca wool, all natural, no dyes.  Her brother & sister-in-law own a property in New South Wales and they have their own alpacas.  They get them shorn once a year, and get the wool spun.  It is 8ply and just beautiful, so soft.

Now I wonder what I will make.  It is about 450 metres in total.  I have found a nice shawl pattern on Ravelry that might be a winner :)

Trouble is, I just wanted to leave work immediately and do some knitting!  Oh well, have just finished dinner, the knitting will be coming out shortly.  I will post some photos of the new addition to my stash as soon as I have a day off.

Happy knitting........

No comments:

Post a Comment