Saturday, August 24, 2013

My first post of my new blog!  I love to knit, I find it relaxing (well, unless doing a complicated pattern), and keeps my mind off food.  I also love food!  I have always had a weight problem, so I took up knitting again two years ago, to help keep my mind off food.  It worked!  I have lost 25kg to date!   But I am now absolutely addicted to knitting.  I love visiting yarn stores, oh, if only I had a lotto win, I would open my own store, as there is none close to where I live.

This is my latest project
 
 
This is made from Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn, I loved knitting with it.  It is basically a 4-ply yarn but there are section where the colours become thick and luscious, which has given the wrap a lovely texture.  This pattern is "Hitchhiker" from Ravelry, and I just loved it!  Very easy.
 
Now on to my next challenge - a Debbie Bliss baby jacket, full of bobbles and cables, not quite so easy, but loving it.  Will post some photos next time.
 
Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment