Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 - new beginnings

Well, as far as 2013 goes, it wasn't a very successful year as far as my healthy eating plan goes.  I actually put on about 10 kg !  I know why - I think that I thought I had done it!  I had lost 27kg, and people were saying how fabulous I looked, I was fitting in to size 12 clothes, even some size 10s, and I was feeling fantastic.

I thought it was all done, even although I wasn't at my goal weight.

I stopped attending Weight Watchers on a regular basis, and the kilos started creeping back on.  When unexpected events happened, I threw my hands up in the air and thought, why bother!  I can't control what I eat at events, dinners out, celebrations etc.  And believe me, we are out quite a lot.

So, this year, I have to learn to conquer this.  I have to learn to NOT eat my feelings, and to plan my days well when we are going out.  I have to learn to accept that "eating" events crop up spontaneously, and I have to, especially in these circumstances, make very healthy choices. Thursday night is my first day back at my Weight Watchers meeting, so I will see how much damage I have done since I last attended, I am suspecting it will be about 4kg.

This is it, this year I am getting back on the wagon, and staying there.  I am going to persevere, accept that I will have an occasional day off the wagon, and not beat myself up for it.

The one constant over the past 12 months has been my love of knitting.  I have completed several projects, and am hoping to have a market stall in June this year.  I still have lots of projects I want to make before then, so the plan is that this will take my mind off food in the evenings.  I am about to finish my current project, so will post photos later.

This is it, here I go, no looking back, 2013 is remembered, and learnt from.  2014 is my year, the year I am going to achieve my goal of reaching 58kg, the year I am going to start selling my hand knitted products, the year I am going to be a more "organised" person, the year I am going to feel good about myself. 

Ready, set, go !!

Happy knitting !

No comments:

Post a Comment