Thursday, November 21, 2013

Estonian lace scarf chapter 2

I am really enjoying this!  So far no dramas, but I am having to learn that when doing the nupps, I have to keep the tension REALLY lose!  I have started using my lifelines, I am putting one at the end of every 12th row, with is a good old purl row, and also the last row of the pattern.

I have worked out that if I can do minimum of one pattern every day, that will be about 30 days, plus another two weeks for the borders, that will take up to about Christmas!  So, I have set myself a challenge, I want to lose 4kg while knitting this scarf.  My weigh-in was last night, and I lost 300g, so that is a start.  I definitely forget about food when I sit down with this knitting, and because I am now making my knitting my reward for a day of good eating, I haven't even been dipping into the bickie jar at work!

Of course this time of year is always difficult to stay on a healthy eating plan, we are out for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, but tomorrow night is at a friend's house, we all have to take a sweet, so I am going to make a big bowl of fruit salad, there are some lovely summer fruits appearing in the shops now, so should be able to make it a really nice one.

Today is my day off, oh, how I love my Fridays!!  I have my hairdresser's appointment this morning, then a few hours at home (to do my knitting) before I have my dietician's appointment.  It is going to be warm today, 31 is forecast.  Tomorrow I have my group exercise class in the morning, then home to do some cleaning :(  but Sunday, I am keeping free, I am going to have a knitting day, to celebrate my 300g weight loss! (nearly 2lb, not much I know, but it is a start).

Well, off to do the dishes (I made some lovely porridge in my thermomix for breakfast),
Happy knitting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment