Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Melbourne Cup

Well, yesterday was Melbourne Cup day here in Australia, this is a big horse race "The race that stops a nation", and I REALLLY HATE IT.  I always feel the horses have no choice, and, once again, a horse broke its leg in the race and had to be killed, funny how the news channels never report this, I think they don't want any negative publicity, too much money at stake.

I was glad to see our ABC news reported it this morning, and they used the word "killed" instead of destroyed, which is very true.  The reporter said he used this word deliberately.

At work we had to have our Melbourne Cup lunch (even although we are on the other side of the country to Melbourne), which meant I couldn't do my knitting.  Needless to say, I was in a bad mood all day, and turned, once again, to food.  Grrrrrrrrrr and double grrrrrrrrrr.  I weighed myself this morning, and thankfully, no damage.  So today, back on track.

My knitting is all ready to take to work, hooray, lunch break taken care of!!  I have just had my lovely breakfast of cereal, topped with pear, banana, strawberries and blueberries.  I have put out an orange to take to work for morning tea, so  I won't be tempted with the biccies, and lunch is leftovers, small amount of mashed potato and sweet potato, and about 50g of left over steak, and a whole pile of salad greens to go with it.  Tonight I have an exercise session, so will probably just have an omelette, which I will pack full of mushrooms, tomatoes and capsicum (bell peppers).  THEN, it will be a minimum of 2 hours knitting tonight!  Can't wait!  I hope that doesn't make me sound too tragic.

I would like to lose 2 more kilos before I finish my current project!.  There you are, a challenge for me!

Well, off to work, happy knitting......

No comments:

Post a Comment