Sunday, November 17, 2013

New project

So excited to be starting a new project tonight.  It is an Estonian lace scarf, I have never tried anything like this before, so I am a little apprehensive, but what is life without challenges!

I am going to use Misti Alpaca hand painted lace, I have a lovely hank of a lovey creamy beige colour which I think will look stunning in this scarf.  I wound the hank into a ball last night, so am all ready to start the knitting tonight.  Instead of casting on, you crochet a length of chain, then you knit the stitches into the chain, which then acts like a stitch holder.  You then pick up these stitches later to knit the border. 

I have to dart off to work right now, so hopefully will be able to post some photos tonight of my just finished baby's sweater, and my new project.

Happy knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment