Monday, November 18, 2013

The latest project, all finished

 
 
Well here it is, my little summer sweater all finished.  It is for a newborn up to about 3 months.  I used Paton's Dreamtime 3ply pure baby wool, and I am really happy with how it turned out.  There was quite a bit of anguish though!  Two rows were very similar, an I kept messing them up, had a lot of unpicking to do (or unknitting as I call it ).  Still, it has been worth it, I just love it.
 
And the best thing about finishing this little garment is that now I can start a new project, I am going to attempt an Estonian Hapsaalu scarf.  

 
I started it last night, you have to do a "provisional" cast on, which I have never done before.  You use some scrap cotton (I used 8ply or DK), make a crochet chain about 10 chain more than the stitches you will need, then you knit into the crochet chain.  The chain appears to be acting as a stitch-holder, and will be taken off when it is time to add the border.  I am so excited to be starting this project, I am in awe of the designer, Nancy Bush, I think she is my knitting guru!
 
Well, off to work,
Happy knitting......

No comments:

Post a Comment